Saturday, April 30, 2011

Love: Is There An End?

Does a person ever really fall out of love? Or does that love get buried within your heart quietly in the background?
People say that once you love someone you never really stop, that a part of you always will love them. But is that the truth? Is it possible to fall out of love?
On the other hand, maybe when you're able to stop loving someone you never really loved them to begin with- you just thought you did.
These are some things on my mind today.
I am in the camp that hopes it is possible to fall out of love. And I don't just mean begin loving them a different way- I mean stop loving all together.

With love, or something like it.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, definitely something to ponder.
    In my experience, we don't fall out of love, but rather we grow out of it. We're at a certain stage in our lives with someone, and when the relationship is over, we move on, but the love stays in that place. It doesn't come with. So you still look back at that love that existed, but it's not in the present.

    I'd like to think I can outgrow or move on from the feelings, but keep the memory of those feelings of love.

    I hope that makes sense.
    :)

    ReplyDelete