Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Anxious Apartment Anxiety

It has been far too long since I sat down to blog, so I figured I would update you on the search for an apartment for Michael and myself.

After asking some preliminary questions I am awaiting a reponse from the complex that Michael and I are going to try for. After we get some answers we will be applying- and man am I terrified! I don't want to get rejected- I want to move out SO badly! I love my family and my space but I need a home that's mine. It's time. Plus I am constantly envisioning what it will be like to live with the love of my life.

I have several DIY projects that I am anxious to start NOW but I have to remind myself to take my time- if I do all the projects before I move in I'll have less money when we get there, and less to do! A short list of these projects are, a continuation of my already mid-way vintage bathroom project (as some may remember from earlier posts,) a scrabble tile table top for an end table, and an entertainment center tv stand thing that Michael got ahold of. I am going to convert the top to be like a bay window seat almost and eventually get some cusions on top to sit on- plus he and I are going to sand it and refinish it. Of course I am also thinking of all kinds of other projects- One of which is to tackle a chair I use at a desk- I plan on re-upholstering the seat and sanding down and repainting the rest.

I am just so stoked to get started on our home!

I am over the moon blissfully happy, and I know Michael feels the same. Now as long as the application process goes well, we will be on our way to our life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment